Blogs

2 people like this.
This article is written to serve as a documentation of the implementation journey our members have been on and serves as a testament of the DAA DNA. Any member in our organization can make a difference and rise as an organic leader. Our ...
0 comments
2 people like this.
There is never a dull moment for digital natives. This ever-changing landscape of seismic market shifts, new technologies and a dramatically accelerated pace of movement holds us forever on our toes; grey (and ‘greying’) cells actively trying to ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
The Request for Some Simple Tracking In my current role I manage analytics implementations for the United States division of an enterprise company. We had a request to implement tracking on 2 popups that appeared on the homepage of two seperate websites. ...
2 comments
Be the first person to like this.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted nearly every industry, fundamentally altering the way most organizations conduct daily business — and that includes how we recruit, hire, and retain IT talent. Robert Half Technology surveyed more than 2,800 senior ...
0 comments
3 people like this.
A product manager, an analyst and an engineer walk into a bar. The product manager says, “I need insights fast.” The analyst says, “First, I need tracking requirements from the product manager so I can review them with the engineering and data ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
“Are you insane?” This was the reaction I received when I moved jobs, from client-side to an agency, in the latter part of 2020. At the time, I was leading a digital analytics team at a financial institution in Canada. I had almost four years under ...
1 comment

Art of Data Recon

A standard question I ask my clients, sometimes directly, sometimes subtly is “Who here, loves to talk, and knows what they are talking about”. As a Consultant, in particular, it is critical to minimize ramp-up time and demonstrate value sooner, often ...
0 comments

No Layoffs Pledge

Only a few years out of college, I was a software engineer working for one of the largest software companies in the world, Attachmate. Our Cincinnati office had 250 people; this used to be an independent company that was acquired by Seattle-headquartered ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
Being a Product Manager, I have to interact with both business users and analytics professionals across different business functions every week. Recently, I had a meeting with a Head of Supply Chain Operations at a large CPG brand. During our conversation, ...
0 comments
By: Jodi Daniels, Founder & CEO, Red Clover Advisors The forewarned – and often dreaded – ripple effects of the GDPR are finally rolling in. After the European law went into effect in May 2018, it kicked off a tidal wave of action. In fact, ...
0 comments
The best is yet to come. That phrase pops into my head whenever I think of our 15th anniversary year . The Digital Analytics Association (DAA) has ballooned to over 5,000 members from all areas of the industry: software vendors, enterprise practitioners, ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
Originally published on the Digital Analytics Blog on June 5, 2019 by Chris Tighe, Editorial Manager at AT Internet . See the original blog post With its latest ITP system update for iOS and macOS, Safari is blazing the trail for increased ...
0 comments
Before jumping to the solution, lets quickly understand what is API & its usage. So, What is API? API is an interface to access information stored in database/ Data warehouse of 3rd parties Let’s try to understand it by one example. Suppose ...
2 comments
1 person likes this.
I am excited to let you know that DAA's Essentials Series in now going to be available online. This is an interactive, discussion-based, education program. Join me for an informational webinar on June 26th to learn more about this course. ...
0 comments
3 people like this.
I really can’t believe it has been 15 years since the founding of DAA. From its conception at the eMetrics Summit in 2004, (now called the Marketing Analytics Summit), we have created a vibrant analytics organization of more than 5,000 professionals. ...
1 comment
1 person likes this.
Because DAA is data driven and member focused, the recent survey from DAA Education team provided some keen insights into your education and training needs and is helping us to formulate the offerings for 2019. The survey was sent to all current DAA ...
1 comment
Good evening all, It has been a few months since I last posted here. I am based in London where I have spent most of my career as either a web developer or a web analytics practitioner. I have now over 6 years' experience in database, server-side and ...
2 comments