Blogs

Be the first person to like this.
For nearly the past three years in Philly, it has almost never snowed. I like it when it snows. Watching a snowfall is a wonderful thing to do. Sitting in a nice warm home, maybe by a fire, catching up on some reading or continuing binge-watching of whatever ...
0 comments

Recall the Brownies

2 people like this.
Eric Weber made an impassioned post on LinkedIn yesterday: "Something that drives me crazy about statistics: Giving important concepts numbers or uninformative names. Example: Naming type 1 and 2 error. Half the time I forget which one is which and have ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
So many of us have been busy recently getting our organizations (or our clients) certified for GDPR, CCPA or other “golden” standards for privacy, technology and more; but we are rarely busy with a certification that concerns people, who are really the ...
0 comments

Resolving to Resolve

1 person likes this.
If you are like me, you are one of the 80% of Americans who fail to live up to their New Year’s resolutions. What was the resolution this year? Lose weight? Spend more time with the family? Save more money? Just using these three resolutions as examples; ...
1 comment
1 person likes this.
It’s quite the understatement that 2020 was a challenging and different year for everyone.   It’s my hope that DAA was able to help you as a business professional last year – be it through our town halls, our COVID resources, our career-enhancing educational ...
0 comments

Art of Data Recon

I see a number of articles on how to master data querying and manipulation, but little by way of developing data smarts. Surprising, given that a big part of discerning meaning from data comes from sleuthing (and a gentle flexing of “pester power”). ...
0 comments

Goodbye 2020

1 person likes this.
Well folks, we made it. December 2020. And the holiday season is here. You feeling jolly? Are you ho-ho-hoping for the better 2021? After all, who is not? I attended a seminar recently where the speaker referred to 2020 as being “a year out of balance.” ...
1 comment
Holiday campaigns are top-of-mind for most marketers this time of year, and tying results to business objectives is key to success. Each customer interaction with your site can provide insights into their needs and expectations. Understanding and acting ...
0 comments

Give to Get

The holiday season is fast approaching and unlike any holiday season in memory, we are adjusting to maintain as much normalcy in our lives as possible. Spending time with those important and special to us, especially in business, took on a new meaning ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
Abstract: As our industry has grown, the analytics implementation for most organizations has expanded into a Digital Marketing Technology system of many different tools that must work together. A business-savvy and technologically strong team is necessary ...
1 comment
3 people like this.
I didn’t know I was black… ...until I was 11 years old. It was a dark, humid day in August 1992 when my entire family (two parents and five children, ages 3 to 13) boarded an early-morning flight from Accra, Ghana to New York City. We called ourselves ...
0 comments

Help Wanted

1 person likes this.
I am always keeping my eyes open for Business Development and Sales professionals for first PRO , but I recently escalated my plans to add to our growing IT Staffing and Recruiting practice, in preparation for 2021. You would think that finding talent ...
1 comment
The COVID-19 Pandemic, as of this writing, has now entered its 27th week. By the time you may read this blog, we will be well into week 28. That is more than six months. Over 180 days. More than 4,300 hours. Some 259,000+ minutes. You get the idea. Regardless ...
0 comments
Despite being signed into law on June 28th, 2018, and being placed into effect on January 1st 2020, businesses around the world have been wondering what exactly they will have to do to be in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act. After multiple ...
0 comments
Soft skills in a technical field…they’re a core requirement. Despite digital analytics still being considered a relatively new field, it’s one that is growing rapidly – both in scope of work and industry size. Every sector is hiring analytics professionals ...
0 comments
If history is the teacher it has been deemed to be, we have learned that economies, during stressed and recessed times, force us to look for creative answers to solve pressing business-related dilemmas. Despite a current 10.2% unemployment rate, and more ...
0 comments
In the wake of the recent protests against racism, fellow DAA board member @Mary Owusu and I hosted a Town Hall for members of the analytics community in late June to discuss ways racism is present in their lives. We also wanted to have an open discussion ...
0 comments
Weekly Client Performance Report Featured Project for Top Consultant of the Year An automated weekly email report providing client to client comparative data so we know which clients need the most help. This aids our key business requirement ...
0 comments
1 person likes this.
I’m here to share that I’ve recently become the President of the Board of the Digital Analytics Association (DAA). Beyond my day job, volunteer work is something I’ve always enjoyed. It’s gratifying to build connections with people around a shared mission, ...
0 comments