Analytics Recipe Cookbook - Summaries

View Only

How to Implement Content Group in Google Analytics 4 via GTM

• 1.  How to Implement Content Group in Google Analytics 4 via GTM

Posted 12-22-2021 10:35 AM
    Introduction:
    In this post I'll show you how to implement Content Group in Google Analytics 4 via Google Tag Manager.
    Content Groups allow us to create sections of the website, grouping contents in a convenient way for our analysis.
    Let's give some examples: I can create a specific group that shows me the most viewed Brands on my website or I can create Product categories to analyze, at a higher level, the interactions of users with the website.
    We can use Content Group also in Google Analytics 4.

I've created this post after wrote a spefic blog post, that you can find: here.

Analysis Overview:
    With this recipe we're going to add a specific parameter into the "Google Analytics: GA4 Configuration" tag, in order to collect specific values and send them into the Content Group Report in the GA4 UI.
    Then I'll show you how to test if the implementation is correct with GA4 Debug view and with GTM.

Analysis Benefits:
    We can leverage the new features offered by Google Analytics 4 also for the Content Group report. We can analyse how the users behave on our content of the website and use these informations to create specific custom reports in the Explorations UI.
    In the post I'll share the current limits in the Content Group Report of Google Analytics 4. It is important to know them, but it's also important to start collecting the Content Groups data and use them for your analysis in GA4.

DAA Members, go here to read the full recipe

------------------------------
    Luca Sanità
    Web Analytics Lead

Italy
    ------------------------------
    2020 compensation survey now open