It’s been a busy and fruitful year for DAA – with a growing membership and new benefits to help you and your team learn, grow, and lead in our burgeoning field.
THANK YOU for your membership and participation in DAA. We do so much more together to fulfill our mission of advancing the use of data to understand and improve the digital world through professional development and community. By volunteering, contributing and engaging – you are elevating not just yourself, but our industry as a whole.
Some highlights for the year:
- DAA is at the highest level of members ever. We are nearly 5,000 members strong across the globe, a 7% increase from last year! The addition of our Germany affiliate was an exciting chapter for DAA. We welcomed 16 new corporate members to the DAA family, and added 56 new Certified Web Analysts.
- Our local chapters had over 40 events and we held nine local symposiums last year. The symposiums all had an interactive component. This is how real learning happens.
- A very successful Quanties awards program launch recognized 25 top companies and individuals for outstanding success in digital analytics with over 100 nominations.
- The Women in Analytics initiative continued to expand, with a rollout of the mentoring program and four Thought Leader Conversations during the year.
- Our short course certificates in A/B Testing & Optimization, Lead Scoring, Segmentation, and Multivariate Testing were launched. Digital analysts told us they loved the shorter format, with the ability to add a digital badge to their LinkedIn and DAA Community profiles.
- 110 new resources were mapped to the DAA Self-Assessment, making it an even more robust tool for our entire membership.
- Our members were able to take advantage of additional in-person workshops at other conferences, including DA Hub and Marketing Evolution Experience.
- The webinars and Thought Leader Conversations continue to draw thousands of views during the year. There are currently 31 webinars and 25 Thought Leader Conversations available on-demand. There are also 133 recipes in the DAA Cookbook now!
Plans for 2019:
- DAA is committed to producing industry leading events and growing peer-to-peer learning engagements for all our constituents. DAA is celebrating their 15thanniversary in 2019 as well, and there are plans to be able to share that celebration in many ways during the year.
- Mark your calendar for Oct 23 & 24 in Chicago for the DAA OneConference 2019 – an international conference that will include a Member Day, Chapter Leader Day, the Quanties, and outstanding speakers and thought leaders to learn from and interact with!
- Look for a new short course in data science tools for the digital analysts – you told DAA you wanted to add those skills to your skill set!
- The DAA Self-Assessment tool will be adding a soft-skills component - another requested service by our members.
- The DAA Mentoring Program founded by WiA will expand to include ALL members who want to participate, either as a mentor or a mentee in Q2. In addition, we are working with EQUALS and the United Nations Women in Tech Group on a gender equality maturity model.
- Look for an expanded and consistent repertoire of webinars from DAA in 2019, as part of DAA Webinar Wednesdays.
- The Essentials classes, long a DAA staple at in-person events, will be available online to everyone in 2019.
- We all survived GDPR – and are partnering with a firm on a post-GDPR implementation study, to be released in Q1.
There have been challenges in 2018 as well. There are more events than ever in the digital analytics space, and we have had to work hard to ensure that our events are top notch and inexpensive enough for all to attend. My personal thanks to our sponsors and chapter leaders during the year who have made that happen.
We are committed to continually adding member value to your DAA membership. As part of that – we do need to hear from you if you have ideas or would like to volunteer in any capacity. As a nonprofit, we rely on your input to be member-focused and member-driven.
I look forward to an exciting 2019 with all of you! Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.