Analytics Recipe Cookbook - Summaries

View Only
  • 1.  Infographics

Posted 05-15-2017 02:26 PM

Introduction: "We are living in a golden age of data visualization, in which designers are responding to the information overload of our digital era with astonishing feats of visual thinking." Intro to Infographics Designer's Sketchbook by S. Heller

Search volumes for infographics increased 1000 percent from 2007 to 2017 according to Graphs.net. With the onslaught of big data, the popularity for infographics will continue to skyrocket. Want to take the plunge into infographics--but not sure how to start? Start here.

Overview: This is more a sidebar on a cookbook page than a recipe. It speaks to the common goal of data scientists and graphic designers to transform data into factual, engaging and shareable information. It addresses the challenge: Now that we have all this (bleep) big data-what does it mean?

Topics:

• What are infographics?
    • How can you get started?
    • In celebration of Women in Analytics, a tribute to Marie Reidemeister-Neurath follows.
    • Reference list

Benefits: 

1. Infographics transform data or content into clear, engaging and memorable visuals.
    2. Infographics are easily and quickly shareable online.
    DAA members, go here to view full recipe.

------------------------------
    Hazel Jaramillo
    hazel@saber.net
    2020 compensation survey now open

• 2.  RE: Infographics

Bronze MVP
    Posted 05-16-2017 08:41 AM
    Thank you for this information. I was actually trying to design an infographic yesterday and could not figure out something that would be really cool but not busy and most importantly convey the data and insights. Oh...and I don't want it to take a whole lot of time. I'll start with your summary.

Thanks again
    Rhonda Y Jones
    Ask Y Digital Analytics

Rhonda Jones
    Owner / Consultant
    Ask Y Digital Analytics
    Marietta GA

2020 compensation survey now open